First Name *
Last Name *
What's your telephone #? *
What's your Instagram handle?
What's your date of birth? *
Marital status? *
Upload a recent photo of yourself *
Do you enjoy your current job? Tell us why or why not? *
Have you attended a culinary school or any other cooking program? *
If YES, please list below (school / program / years attended / year graduated.) *
Has cooking ever been your main source of income? *
If YES, please list any and all cooking positions held (position / restaurant / dates.) *
Describe your style of cooking (Be specific French, Italian, barbecue, etc) *
Approximately how long have you been cooking? *
How often do you cook? *
Who taught you how to cook and how? *
Who do you cook for and what would they say about your cooking? *
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best) how good on your culinary skills? *
What's your signature dish and give us a brief explanation on how you prepare it? *
What are your strengths / secret weapons in the kitchen? *
Are there any chefs that you admire and why?
If you could go to any restaurant in the world, what would it be?
How would others describe your "process" in the kitchen? (calm, frantic, organized, chaotic, tidy) *
Tell us a little bit about your immediate and/or extended family? *
What would someone close to you describe as your best traits? *
What would someone close to you describe as your worst traits? *
What is something that someone would be surprised to learn about you? *
What is your greatest accomplishment? *
Why do you want to compete on Wall of Chefs? *
What would you do with $10 000? *
Upload a photo of a dish you've prepared! Photo #1. *
Photo # 2
Photo # 3 *
Please upload a 1 minute (approx.) video introducing yourself, showing us a bit of your personality and tell us why you love cooking. *
“Wall of Chefs” (working title) (the “Program”) is a television program in which competitors (the “Competitor”, collectively with other competitors, the “Competitors”) compete in various culinary challenges for the opportunity to win various prizes and other items. This program involves a series of eliminations which will be carried out by a panel of judges selected by Producer and/or Network in their sole discretion, who may include, without limitation, chefs or other culinary industry experts, in consultation with the Producer.
You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
You must be at least 19 years of age or older as of June 1, 2019
Neither you nor any member of your immediate family (including without limitation your husband, wife, spouse, partner, father, mother, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household) or anyone living in your household may be or have been within the last two (2) years employees, officers, directors or agentsof any of the following:
(a) Food Network Canada and/or Corus Media Holdings Inc., (collectively, the “Network”), or its parent and/or their affiliated and subsidiary companies, Insight Wall Ltd. or its parent (Insight Productions Ltd.) (collectively, the “Producer”);
(b) Any person or entity involved in the development, production, distribution or other exploitation of the Program or any version or variation thereof;
(c) Any sponsors of the Program or their advertising agencies; or
(d) Any person or entity supplying prizes or other services to the Program.
In addition, Producer reserves the right, but is not obligated, to disqualify or render ineligible any person who Producer determines, in its sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production, administration, casting, judging, or distribution of the Program such that his or her participation in the Program could create the appearance of impropriety. Such decisions shall be final and are not subject to challenge or appeal.
You must be available to participate in the filming of the Program which will last approximately two (2) consecutive days between August 27, 2019 and September 30, 2019 and will be shot in and around Toronto, Ontario. Each Competitor will need to be willing to travel to Toronto, or such other location as Producer may designate. The Program may involve filming in each Competitor’s home and/or workplace.
You must be willing to submit your medical information to the Producer and submit to a medical examination, psychological examination, and background check if and to the extent required by Producer.
The applicants will be selected based on a combination of information given in this application form, their accompanying portfolios and on-camera audition tapes, the merits of which will be determined by a panel of certain judges selected by Producer and/or Network in their sole discretion. The subjective decisions of the panel will be taken into consideration, but all final casting decisions will be made by the Producer and the Network, in their sole discretion.
If you are selected as a potential Competitor, you must execute waivers and release agreements, including a Competitor agreement and release and any and all other agreements as required by the Producer or the Network, or any of their licensees, successors or assigns.
* * * *
I have read, understand and agree to be bound by the above Eligibility Requirements
As an inducement to Insight Wall Ltd. (“Producer”) considering me as a competitor (the “Competitor”, collectively with other competitors, the “Competitors”) in the television program currently entitled “Wall of Chefs” (the “Program”), by signing and submitting to Producer the following three (3) documents (collectively, the “Application”): (i) my Program application documentation; and (ii) this applicant agreement and release, I represent, warrant and agree as follows:
1.I acknowledge that: (i) I have read, understand, satisfy and agree to be bound by the eligibility requirements set forth in this Application; (ii) I have answered the questions in this Application honestly, accurately and completely; (iii) if any of the information in this Application is found to be false or incomplete, this will be grounds for dismissal from the competitor selection process and/or from the Program, if selected, and may also result in the forfeiture of any prizes or other items I may have been awarded (whether or not I have already received them); (iv) even if I meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein, Producer has no obligation to interview me and/or select me as a Competitor; (v) I agree to keep strictly confidential all information about the Program that I acquire during the competitor selection process and/or my participation in the Program; (vi) my voice, action, and likeness will be recorded as a part of this Application and competitor selection process, and I understand that Producer may, but is in no way obligated to, use such recordings within the Program or in any other manner; (vii) even if I am selected as a competitor, Producer has no obligation to produce the Program or conduct the competition and Food Network Canada, Corus Media Holdings Inc. (collectively, the “Network”) has no obligation to exhibit it, even if conducted and produced; (viii) all decisions by Producer concerning selection of the Competitors are final and not subject to challenge or appeal; (ix) Producer has no obligation to return any materials (including videotape and written or other materials) (collectively, the “Materials”) provided by me to Producer’s representatives at any time in connection with the Application, the competitor selection process, and/or the Program, whether or not I am selected as a Competitor, and Producer may, but is in no way obligated to, use any such Materials in the Program or in any other manner as set out herein; and (x) I shall not give or agree to give any member of the production staff and anyone associated in any manner with the Program, or any representative of the Producer or Network any compensation or anything else of value to arrange my appearance on the Program or to accept or agree to accept anything of value to promote any product, service or venture on the Program, or use any prepared material containing such a promotion.
2. I hereby consent to the production, reproduction, broadcast, publication, exhibition, distribution, adaptation, recording, use and reuse by Producer, the Network, their respective licensees, successors, assignees, parents, subsidiaries, or affiliated entities and each of the respective employees, agents, officers and directors of the foregoing entities (collectively, the “Releasees”) of my voice, actions, likeness, name, appearance, biographical material, and any information contained or derived from my Application, including, without limitation, any recordings or still pictures of me taken during the competitor selection process and/or contained in any materials submitted by me in connection with my Application, including the audition tape (collectively, the “Likeness”), as such Likeness may be edited, altered, or modified by Producer, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe in perpetuity, in or in connection with the Program or any other production. I agree that the Releasees may use all or any part of my Likeness and may alter or modify it regardless of whether or not I am recognizable. I further grant irrevocably to and agree that the Releasees shall own exclusively any and all right, title, and interest (including, without limitation, all copyrights) in and to any video, any recordings or still pictures of my portfolio and any other materials that I have provided or may provide in connection with this Application, the Program and the competitor selection process and in and to any video, recordings or still pictures taken during the competitor selection process of any materials provided by me, including, but not limited to, the Materials and acknowledge and agree that the Releasees may, in their sole and unfettered discretion, edit, alter or modify the Materials and to use all or part of the Materials and my Likeness in any and all media now known or hereafter devised throughout the universe, in perpetuity. I represent and warrant that the Materials (specifically including, without limitation, any photographic or videotaped material) will be free from any material that is libellous, defamatory, profane, obscene, pornographic or graphically violent, and will not contain any content that is contrary to law or which places any of the Program participants appearing on or off camera at serious risk or harm. I hereby expressly waive, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any so-called “moral rights” which may now or may hereafter be recognized by legislative enactment or otherwise at law or in equity with respect to the audio-visual productions and/or sound recordings produced and/or recorded for the purposes of the Program. I further agree that Releasees may use my Likeness and the Materials in connection with any promotion, publicity, marketing or advertisement relating to the Program and/or any other production or sponsor thereof. I grant the rights hereunder whether or not I am selected to participate in the Program in any manner whatsoever. I release and hold Releasees harmless from any and all liability arising out of their recording and/or use of my Likeness and/or the Materials, and from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to myself, Releasees or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from my participation in the Program. I agree not to make any claim against Releasees as a result of the recording and/or use of my Likeness and/or the Materials (including, without limitation, any claim that such use defames me or invades any right of privacy and/or publicity). I understand that I will not be paid any money for giving Releasees these rights, or for signing this agreement, the sole consideration for which being the Producers’ consideration of me as a possible competitor in the Program, which I acknowledge is good, valuable and sufficient.
3.I agree to take any further action, in writing (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and/or other documents), reasonably requested by Producer to effect, perfect or confirm Producer’s and Network’s rights in the Materials and my Likeness, which such rights shall include, without limitation, the rights to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivate works of and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit the Materials and my Likeness in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without additional consideration or compensation to me or any other person or entity.
4. I understand that the competitor selection process will involve subjective decisions made by certain judges selected by Producer and/or Network in their sole discretion, who may include, without limitation, chefs or other culinary industry experts (collectively, the “Panelists”). I understand that the Panelists may make casting recommendations to the Producer and the Network but that all casting decisions will be made by the Producer and the Network in their sole discretion. I further understand that the Panelists, the Network, Producer and/or other persons or entities may be acquainted with or have some familiarity with some or all of the applicants to varying degrees. I understand and agree that all competitor selection and elimination decisions shall be final and binding on me in all respects and shall not be subject to challenge or appeal.
5.I hereby release Producer, Network, Corus Media Holdings Inc., any television station or channel, cable network, or satellite network that airs the Program, the other Competitors and participants in the Program, the advertisers and promotional agencies connected with the Program, all other persons and entities connected with the Program, each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies of the foregoing, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, employees, successors, assignees, and licensees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses of any kind (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) arising out of, resulting from, or by reason of, my participation in or in connection with the Program, including, without limitation, my participation in the competitor selection process of the Program, any exploitation of the Program or my appearance on the Program, the failure of Producer to select me as a competitor, or the exercise by Producer of any rights granted by me with respect to the Program on any legal theory whatsoever (including, but not limited to, personal injury, rights of privacy and publicity, false light, and defamation) (the “Released Claims”). The Released Claims specifically include, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses of any kind resulting from the actions of another participant or any other third party at any time.
6. With respect to the information provided by me in this Application, including but not limited to all “personal information” collected by Producer and/or or its authorized agents pursuant to the terms here of:(a) I authorize Producer and/or its authorized agents to investigate, access and collect information about me, about any of the statements made by me in my Application, any supporting documents and any other document that I have signed or do sign in connection with my Application to be selected as a Competitor in the Program, or any other written or oral statements I make in connection therewith. I irrevocably authorize Producer and/or its authorized agents to secure information about my experiences from my current and former employers, associates, friends, family members, educational institutions, government agencies, credit reporting agencies, and any references I have provided, and I irrevocably authorize such parties to provide information concerning me. In the course of these investigations, I agree that Producer and/or its authorized agents may disclose to the foregoing entities personal information that I have provided in this Application or that Producer has obtained from third parties, if Producer determines, in its sole discretion, that disclosure to a third party is necessary to carry out any services Producer requires to produce the Program. I specifically authorize investigation of my employment record and government records, including, but not limited to, my motor vehicle records, criminal record, military record, credit and/or consumer report(s).(b) I hereby authorize Producer to conduct psychological and physical examinations and background investigations of me if required by Producer in Producer’s sole discretion. I further authorize the individuals conducting such examinations and investigations of me to disclose to Producer and to Producer’s representatives all information about me obtained in connection with such examinations or investigations. Additionally or in the alternative (in Producer’s sole discretion), I will provide Producer with certification from my personal physician stating that I am physically fit and have no medical condition that would prevent me from participating in the Program, and that engaging in the Program would not endanger my health in any way or give rise to any medical condition or exacerbate any medical condition I may have.(c) I acknowledge and agree that any such information obtained by Producer pursuant to this section 6, this Application or otherwise may be used for the purpose of making casting and other similar decisions for the production (and public viewing) of the Program, and may be described, disclosed or otherwise used in and in connection with the Program, any subsequent seasons of the Program, and any ancillary or related productions, including “making-of” and “behind- the-scenes” productions, and/or for publicity and promotional purposes related thereto.(d) I hereby unconditionally and irrevocably release and forever discharge the Released Parties and all such parties and persons from any and all liabilities arising out of or in connection with any such investigations and arising out of the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in the ways stated in this Application and agree not to make any claim against Released Parties in respect of such use (including, without limitation, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy and/or publicity and any claims based on defamation or false light).
7. Whether or not I am selected to be a Competitor on the Program, I shall keep in strictest confidence and shall not disclose to any other applicant, Competitor or other third party at any time (i.e., prior to, during, or after the taping or exhibition of any episode of the Program) any information or materials of any kind, including without limitation, any information or materials concerning or relating to Producer or to Network, the business of Producer or Network, any program produced by Producer and/or exhibited by Network, including, without limitation, any information concerning or relating to the Program, the Program applicants, the Program Competitors, the location(s) of the Program, the events contained in the Program, or the outcome of any contest in or episode of the Program, that I read, hear or otherwise acquire or learn in connection with or as a result of my applying to be a Competitor on the Program or (if I am selected to be a Competitor) as the result of my experiences as a Competitor on the Program (collectively, the “Information and Materials”). I acknowledge and agree that the Information and Materials are confidential and the exclusive property of Producer and/or Network. At no time will I ever, directly or indirectly, divulge in any manner or use or permit others to use any of the Information and Materials.
8. I acknowledge that in the event I breach the confidentiality or any other provisions of this Application, my breach may, in the sole discretion of Producer and/or Network result in my being disqualified to participate as a Competitor in the Program. I further acknowledge that a breach by me of any of the confidentiality provisions of this Application would cause Producer and Network irreparable injury and damage that cannot be reasonably or adequately compensated by damages in an action at law, and, therefore, I hereby expressly agree that Producer and Network shall be entitled to injunctive and other equitable relief to prevent and/or cure any breach or threatened breach of any of the confidentiality provisions of this Application by me. I also recognize that proof of damages suffered by Producer and Network in the event that I breach any of the confidentiality provisions of this Application will be costly, difficult, and/or inconvenient. Accordingly, I agree to pay Producer and Network the sum of One Million Canadian Dollars (CDN$1,000,000.00) per breach plus disgorgement of any income that I may receive in connection with my breach as liquidated damages in the event I breach any of the confidentiality provisions of this Application prior to the initial exhibition of the final episode of the Program. I agree that One Million Canadian Dollars (CDN$1,000,000.00) plus disgorgement of any income that I may receive in connection with my breach is a reasonable estimate of the amount of damages Producer and Network are likely to suffer in the event I breach any of the confidentiality provisions of this Application prior to the initial exhibition of the final episode of the Program, considering all of the circumstances existing as of the date of this Application. In addition, I agree to pay Producer and Network the sum of One Hundred Thousand Canadian Dollars (CDN$100,000.00) per breach plus disgorgement of any income that results from my breach as liquidated damages in the event I breach any of the confidentiality provisions of this Application after the initial exhibition of the final episode of the Program. I agree that One Hundred Thousand Canadian Dollars (CDN$100,000.00) plus disgorgement of any income is a reasonable estimate of the amount of damages Producer and Network are likely to suffer in the event I breach any of the confidentiality provisions of this Application after the initial exhibition of the final episode of the Program, considering all of the circumstances existing as of the date of this Application.
9. As used herein, “Producer” shall include Insight Wall Ltd., Insight Productions Ltd. their licensees, successors and assigns, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents, representatives, successors, licensees and assigns. I agree that Producer may license, assign, and otherwise transfer this Application and all rights granted by me under this Application to any person or entity.
The Provisions of this Application shall enure to the benefit of the successors and assigns of Released Parties and shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, administrators and representatives of the undersigned.
This Application will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. The parties hereto shall attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
This Application is freely assignable by Producer and the parties agree that Network is an express, intended, third party beneficiary of this Application.
I have read, understand, and agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Application. *
Applicant agreement and release